CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - SHIPPING SERVICES
We’ve received some enquiries from World Options customers wondering whether they’re still able to book courier shipments on the World
Options online shipping portal and if their goods will get delivered. The answer is, it’s shipping as usual at World Options.
We continue accepting courier bookings on the World Options online shipping portal as usual and our partner carriers UPS, TNT, COURIERS PLEASE, FASTWAY & STARTRACK continue to pick up deliveries and transport goods to AUSTRALIAN destinations and to countries that are accepting imports and exports. There are however, some shipping service restrictions and suspensions to some countries, please read the information below and view the carriers links for more information.
Many Australian businesses have orders to fulfil and products that require transportation, we endeavour to keep business imports and exports moving by continuing to provide domestic and international courier delivery services wherever possible.
Some countries have restricted import deliveries to “food and medical supplies” only. If customers book shipments which are not “food and medical supplies” to these countries on the World Options online shipping portal, this is at the customers own risk. The goods may get returned, held up in customs and may incur additional customs charges.
So far, we’ve received the following updates from our worldwide carrier partners, any further updates will be added as the carriers make their announcements.
- DHL - VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES FROM DHL HERE
- DHL PARCEL - VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES FROM DHL PARCEL HERE
- UPS - VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES FROM UPS HERE
- FEDEX - VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES FROM FEDEX HERE
FEDEX & TNT
Fedex and TNT have announced shipping service restrictions and service suspensions.
VIEW THE LATEST SERVICE RESTRICTIONS FROM FEDEX HERE
VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES FROM FEDEX HERE
- Partial service suspension to/from named cities/destination zip codes in Austria, Czech Republic and Italy.
- Service suspension into/from Kazakhstan, Mauritania & Uzbekistan.
- China and Hong Kong weight limitations on outbound shipments exceeding 300 kgs still in place.
- China - Due to the coronavirus there are shipping restrictions to certain areas in China.
- Unfortunately, bookings to restricted areas don’t flag up until the booking has been transferred through our TNT system. If your booking has been affected by this, we will raise a support ticket advising you.
- Italy - Due to Italy being in lockdown, bookings and deliveries to Italy have been affected. Italy has restricted import deliveries to “food and medical supplies” only. It is at the customer's risk if they wish to book shipments to Italy.
- The freight trailer service is currently still active for services to Italy, but please note: transit times will most likely be affected. There are certain locations in Italy that are restricted due to the lockdown. World Options can only advise customers if the area they require a freight delivery to is restricted after requesting the freight quote.
Your World Options account manager is available to assist you with any shipping related enquiries, and our support staff continue to provide customer service and accounts related services.
We continue to operate and fulfil our duty to World Options customers. Our organisation is fully digitalised and equipped to adapt
to working from home and fully operate. We are still be able to receive calls from customers and we aim to continue providing shipping
services with minimum disruption.
START USING WORLD OPTIONS TODAY