Date Published: 1 January 1970
shopping cart integration
World Options have been providing premium parcel solutions since 2004 and are growing from strength to strength. The beauty of the World Options business model is the stronger the company gets the greater buying power they have, meaning more couriers and services at purse friendly prices.
Part of World Options strategy for growth is enabling website owners to capitalise from international markets. Currently there has been no easy solution for this problem, however that is all about to change. Gone are the days when you require a development team to integrate courier services within your website, no longer do you need to negotiate rates with couriers for international destinations, say goodbye to the unknown that was once international shipping and say hello to the world.
World Options are opening the doors to low cost domestic and international parcel rates, by providing accurate pricing direct to your websites shopping cart. We offer both economy & express services with oodles of options to customise the service to your requirements.
The benefits don’t stop there, our integration tools enable businesses to access big business technology for free. World Options will automatically book your parcels, schedule pickups and send parcel tracking details to your customers, all you’re left to do is print the label.
Did we mention that all this is done seconds after your customer presses the buy now button on your website! Unlike other online couriers that have become faceless and difficult to work with when something goes wrong, World Options will be there for you. As a website owner you’ll still have the benefit of an account manager to support and offer advice as you begin to explore markets further a field. We wish you every success in opening doors to new markets, new customers and new friendships.
To begin with you are required to have a World Options shipping account. All plugin details are stored in your World Options login in the preference section.
WHO ARE WORLD OPTIONS
Established in 2004 World Options are a business to business low cost parcel router who oﬀer companies purse friendly prices for all major carriers, we have now extended our reach by oﬀering website owners simple and easy to use integration tools.
WORLD OPTIONS - CONNECT
The World Options plugins, apps and Web Services have been created to give website owners access to both international and domestic courier prices on their website that include all hidden shipping costs. The additional benefits of the plugins are huge, but most importantly it will eliminate hours of processing shipments by admin staﬀ. Our plugins will have your parcel booked by the time your customer ﬁnishes the checkout process. We can connect with a wide variety of Aps and Plugins, just ask your Account Manager
Features of the Plugins/App
Website users can:
- Calculate the price of shipping to 97% of destinations across the world
- Choose between courier, service, speed or price at checkout
- Order from international destinations and get accurate real time courier prices
- Track their order as soon as checkout is complete
Website Owners can:
- Oﬀer accurate international shipping prices that include all hidden charges
- Reduce man hours booking shipments, World Options plugin’s quote or automatically book web orders using customers checkout details
- Save time sending tracking details to customers, tracking number is automatically displayed at checkout
- Reduce courier costs using World Options Portal pricing system - Store and track all shipments in one place - Add Enhanced Cover to all web bookings
- Oﬀer free shipping to both domestic and international customers using World Options cheapest courier price.
- Choose if you want to display estimated shipping time to customers
- Choose all or one courier service
- Discount shipping costs dependant upon cart value
- Remove unwanted shipping destinations
- Add backup shipping prices
- Add product weight and dimensions
- Identify product type e.g. single box or shared box
- Add shipping carton sizes, allowing World Options to calculate the dimensions of the whole cart
- Add packaging space as a percentage for every product using the buffer tool
- Export and import settings for backups or plugin updates
Choosing your Couriers
World Options have multiple carriers and services available; you have the option to reduce the amount of displayed couriers in your results, however we suggest that you use all provided services to offer global coverage. It’s best to speak to your account manager to seek further advice and support.
- All plugin and web service users are required to be on Direct Debit, this ensures your Portal account is always active
- The World Options account holder needs to be a Australian resident
Things you will need to do before Integration
For the system to work properly it’s essential to add accurate weights and dimensions to the products on your website.
Therefore, It is important that you organise your website so that your items are clearly identified and ready for shipping. You will need to ensure that each item has been carefully packaged and weighed, this weight needs to be in kilograms (kg's), obtain accurate measurements of the package width, height and length. These measurements need to be in centimetres (cm's). You should always take a photograph of your items weight, and dimensions, and keep these on file. You may need these at a later date if the carrier disputes your measurements and proceeds to charge for a different dimensional weight.
Each product needs accurate dimensions, ﬁne tuning your dimensions will reduce wasted space therefore reducing your volumetric weight. Carriers will either charge on the actual weight of the product or the volumetric weight, which ever is greater.